Monday, September 12, 2005

Free USB-key and bar/restaurant description in the bank :)

Yet another blue-monday and language-course. After the lesson we went to eat some terrible dinner at the students Menza (canteen). Also took the bus to Strahov dormitories to try to find out if it was possible to stay there from the 18th instead of 19th september. Ofcourse this was not ok - so I will be homeless from 18-19th september :). I haven`t got any good pictures from the Strahov-dormitory yet, but will be sure to let you view this "thing" later. The buildings look like they are abandoned after the plague, but we have a stadium,swimming pool, tennis-court,football-court and alot of shops/pubs/restaurants nearby - so I think I will manage to survive.

Afterwards I tried to go to the embassy, but only open from 9-15.30 - so will go there tomorrow. Had heard a rumor that if you appliede for a student account (for free) - then you also got a free USB-key. So for at least 1 hour I talked to a friendly fellow at CSOB-bank in Dejvicka. He was new in the job, and it seemed that he already had got tired of doing all the paperwork. He did not know all the papers/forms etc yet - but he could understand and speak english, had a sence of humor and even recommended a few pubs/discos. So i absolutely recommend CSBO-bank for any student. At the end he did not have any of the USB-keys left, but it did not do anything (yes it did... thats the reason I signed up for the account :)). He forgot to give me some papers, so have to go back tomorrow again, perhaps he can try to find one for me then.

It also started raining alot today - so now I am more used to the weather (skikkelig trøndervær). Still hope for a couple of sunny-days though. Will try to be good and study (withouth beer) this night. I am not looking forward to stay in queue for everything in one week...

Todays meal: Some fried seafood?
Todays czech word: penize - money

No comments: